Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

WE HAVE SNOW!!!

We have snow and it is cold, white and just beautiful!  This is the first real snow this Winter.  My kids love it. Yesterday I let my boy stay home from school.  After lunch we went outside and played.  The kids made snow balls and snow angels.  We met up with some of the neighbor friends and they had a great time playing together.  Once everybody had bright rosy cheeks and frozen toes and fingers we went in for a nice cup of hot chocolate.  YUMMMY! 
Speaking of hot chocolate.  I found a great recipe on line for chocolate pudding.  It is homemade coco with some corn starch and cook it a little longer until it thickens.  The kids and my Hubby loved it.  Its easy and not too many ingredients.  No eggs to worry about scrambling. 
I know chocolate pudding is not exactly a Winter treat, but I guess I had a chocolate craving.
Talk again soon.
Now I need to bake something.  Any ideas?  Maybe a cake.

4 comments:

maria said...

Oh I think chocolate pudding is good any time of the year ;)

Thank you for stopping by the cottage....

I saw the sock you are knitting, I have tried making socks, but to no avail :(...I am a sewer at heart!

blessings...M.

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Well, you must share this reciept for the pudding!!! (I think it is sounding wintery) ;-) And it is gluten free too??

Krafty Girl said...

I was not sure if I would like knitting a sock either, but I had a good teacher (a friend of mine) and went onto the Silversock website and it explains it in plain english. Now I might go onto my next one.

Is cornstarch Gluten free? The pudding is: 3 heaping Tablespoons choco powder, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 cups milk, 1 Tablespoon vanilla and 1/2 cup cornstarch. Bring to boil, turn temp down to med-high and stir constantly until thick. Remove from heat, add in 3 Tablespoons butter and stir. Eat warm or cold. I hope it works for you.
Beth

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

YES there is no gluten in corn starch ;-)